Every child’s dream comes true with these Chicken Legs in air fryer. Everyone, especially the kids, wants to eat the legs. The meat is not as tough as chicken breast. So that it is simple to bite and chew.
You can make a tender chicken dish with little effort and in almost no time. Put an end to the hassle of fried meat! Cook chicken legs in air fryer using less oil than traditional fried chicken legs and always come out perfectly crisp. Also, cooking with minimal oil makes the food that goes into our bodies healthier.
Cooking chicken legs in air fryer is similar to cooking them in a wok and using oil. There are some simple recipes you can try at home. Of course, you can use ingredients that are readily available in your kitchen. So that’s it!
Practical recipe for cooking chicken legs in air fryer
I assure you that you can do this in your own home. The ingredient is also easily accessible. So, keep reading this article and you will discover something amazing.
1. Roasted chicken legs in air fryer
Chicken roast is the first thing that you can try in your home. This is not difficult to do. Especially if you have an air fryer for something easier. So, you mustn’t worry about anything.
I look for a whole chicken weighing around 3 kg to yield 6-8 servings. This size is ideal for feeding a large group or reusing leftovers in another dish. Simply ensure the chicken is small enough to fit in the air fryer! You can also use a smaller chicken, but keep in mind that the cooking times will be different.
The ingredients that you must prepare for cooking roast chicken legs in air fryer:
- A large chicken as a main ingredient. You must pay attention to how many people will eat this. Make certain that what you prepare is sufficient for all of them.
- Olive oil. To make chicken skin crispy and get brown color perfectly!
- For a slightly smoky flavor, use paprika, salt, pepper, and fresh thyme for the dry spice rub on the air fryer bbq chicken. However, you are free to include whatever you want.
- Lemon. This ingredient will be added before the chicken is roasted. It will impart a distinct flavor. I enjoy the flavor when I add lemon. As a result, I always perform this step.
After you prepare all the ingredients, the next step is roast chicken legs in air fryer. As I said before, this is easy to do, but, you must know the step when you must put the ingredients while cooking.
The cooking steps are:
- First, coat the chicken in olive oil. You can distribute evenly using your hands.
- After that, put all of the seasoning ingredients, like paprika, salt, and pepper. Making sure that all is applied to all chicken legs skin.
- Slice a lemon. Make sure you do the right cut to produce a lot of water.
- After all the ingredients have been put on the chicken legs, it is ready to put on the air fryer to make roasted chicken legs in the air fryer.
- Before you put this, you must turn on the air fryer to 180°C/356 F for pre-heating.
- Cook the whole chicken for about 60 minutes, then carefully flip it so that the breasts are facing up and cook for another 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Check the temperature of the roasted chicken (75 C/167 F) at the thickest part of the bird with a thermometer. Another sign that the chicken is done is when the meat falls off the bones without resistance.
2. Crispy Chicken Legs in Air Fryer
To make a crispy texture, we usually need oil. Because getting a crispy taste isn’t easy. You must put the chicken in plenty of hot oil, and after that, you will find dirty oil because it is flour. But you don’t need to worry if you use an air fryer.
The ingredients to make crispy chicken legs in the air fryer
- The chicken legs for main ingredients. You can customize it as needed.
- Breadcrumbs made from whole wheat flour. I prefer finely ground breadcrumbs (rather than larger panko breadcrumbs) for breaded air fryer chicken breast because they adhere to the chicken more easily.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I used it for the air fryer. Just put a little bit, like ½ – 1 teaspoon for ½ kg legs chicken.
- Parmesan. Using half-grated Parmesan and half-breadcrumbs ensures that the chicken is flavorful.
- Seasoning with breadcrumbs. Many southern fried chicken recipes call for paprika, garlic powder, thyme, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
If all ingredients that I mentioned are ready in your table kitchen, the next step is cooking it to become a crispy chicken leg in the air fryer.
Here are the steps:
- Pound and cut the chicken by taking the legs. Toss with olive oil after drizzling.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the breading ingredients.
- Put the chicken legs into a bowl that has put the breading before. Mix it using your hand so that it covers all the chicken legs.
- Preheat the air fryer to high heat and arrange the chicken in a single layer (you may need to cook two batches depending on the size of your air fryer).
- Cook for 4 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook for another 2 to 5 minutes (until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 to 165 degrees F).
- The crispy chicken legs in air fryer are ready to serve. You can enjoy this while watching a movie or conversing with family and friends.
3. Hawaiian Chicken Legs in Air Fryer
Hawaiian chicken legs in air fryer is easy to cook. The ease comes from the tools and ingredients that are easy to find. So this is suitable for those of you who are lazy to buy certain ingredients but are hungry and want to try new dishes.
Before moving on to the cooking step, I will tell you the recipe needed to cook these Hawaiian chicken legs in air fryer.
Ingredients of the Hawaiian chicken legs in air fryer:
- Chicken legs are a main ingredient because you want to cook chicken legs. This recipe for 3 pounds of chicken legs.
- Brown sugar, and mix other ingredients.
- Soy sauce. This is you need around 1 teaspoon
- Ketchup, you need around 3 cups. This is my recommendation. But you can experiment it as you want.
- Crushed Pineapple. For 3 pounds of chicken legs in air fryer, you need around 9 ounces. You can add it according to the amount of chicken you have
- Ground ginger and Minced garlic. You need this to make your chicken legs in air fryer have a rich flavor
- Chili flakes (or red pepper flakes), you can put this as you want.
After that, you can start to cook it by following this step
- Put brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, pineapple, ginger, garlic, and chili flakes in a bowl.
- Stir all ingredients until evenly mixed.
- Rub all the marinade on the prepared chicken legs. Make sure no part is left unseasoned so that all parts have flavor.
- Let the marinated chicken legs sit for a while. After about 10-15 minutes, the marinade is absorbed into the chicken meat.
- The last step is to cook the chicken legs using an air fryer. Set the temperature to 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 minutes. In the middle of the time, the chicken legs in the air fryer must be turned over to cook evenly.
Recommended Air Fryer
Now you know the easy tips to cook chicken legs in air fryer. Next, you must be looking for where we can buy this tool. I have a recommendation for you for best air fryer in this era. This is the place where I bought my air fryer. Don’t worry, you don’t have to leave the house because I bought it through Amazon. So, later you just wait for the goods to arrive.
Ninja AF101 Air Fryer
Air fry from Ninja with the type AF101 up to 75% less fat than traditional frying methods; compared to hand-cut, deep-fried French fries. This air fryer has a temperature range of 105°F to 400°F, allowing you to gently remove moisture from foods or quickly cook and crisp foods using convection heat. This is a product that I purchased, and I love how it can be used to make a variety of dishes, including chicken legs.
FAQs about Chicken Legs in Air Fryer
What Cannot be cooked in air fryer?
Air fryers can indeed be used to cook a lot of food. However, since its main purpose is to make food deep fried without using oil, there are some foods that are not recommended to be cooked using an air fryer. These types of food include Battered foods, fresh greens, whole roasts, cheese, daw grains, hamburgers, toast, and popcorn.
Can chicken legs overcook in an air fryer?
Even if the temperature and timer are set correctly, dishes cooked in an air fryer can overcook. This is due to the fact that it is dependent on the chicken itself. So, even though this tool can be automated, it is highly recommended that you check the condition of the chicken while it is cooking.
Does air fryer get dirty inside?
In general, anything used for cooking is bound to get dirty. Whether it’s really dirty or just dirty. So, cleaning the air fryer after using it is highly recommended. In addition to maintaining cleanliness, it also avoids leftover food that will become bacteria if left alone.